- deactivated my social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Daily Mile. I no longer gained from these sites what once made them so attractive.
- spent time in private therapy and continue to participate in a support group for codependency.
- actively minimized my work load in the field of real estate.
- been employed for almost one month with a global wholesale/retailer. This means I am punching a time clock and getting paid on a regular basis. What is not to love?
- not run nearly enough. In the spring I paid for entry and airfare in a bid to rerun Cactus Rose. As of today that race is ten weeks away. As of last night I have a raging calf strain and cannot walk comfortably. I need a flashlight and a few extra hands. I feel I will be pulling another buckle out of my ass somehow.
- I've said goodbye, albeit reluctantly, to a few close friends. The sort of friends that alter one's perspective and are catalysts for remarkable changes in life. The kind of friends that support you through thick and thin. The kind of friends that would stick with you forever, but know when to leave you alone. Unfortunately, this is a forever kind of alone.
Am I happier since I last posted to this blog? I guess. But it is relative.
Am I more content? Again, it is relative.
What I know is that in spite of whatever ups and downs I am rolling through, I am responsible for my reactions and responses. I am the one capable of overcoming, of pressing forward, of pushing ahead. Others may try to hold me back. Others may try to propel me forward. But I alone am responsible for the change I seek.